| ||bestel |
Les Beletsky Wildlife gids Costa Rica - Costa Rica, a Traveller's Wildlife Guide. Most travellers to Costa Rica want to experience its lush tropical forests and catch glimpses of exotic wildlife; toucans and parrots, hummingbirds and hawks, monkeys and big cats, frogs and toads, crocodiles, and (yes) snakes. Here is all the information you will need to find, identify and learn about Costa Rica's magnificent wildlife. The author, himself a wildlife biologist and experienced ecotraveller, visited national parks, reserves, and other ecological sites, discussed wildlife with local and international experts and veteran tour leaders, and then selected, for new color illustrations, nearly 350 of Costa Rica’s most common amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals - the species you are actually likely to see. Also pictured are some animals of special biological significance - for instance, some highly endangered species. Easy-to-carry, entertainingly written, beautifully illustrated - you will want to have this book as constant companion on your journey.
* Identification, distribution, and conservation information on Costa Rica's frequently spotted animals.
* Up-to-date information on the ecology, behavior, and conservation of the families of animals to which the pictured species belong.
* Information on habitats and on the most common plants you will encounter.
* Brief descriptions of Costa Rica's most frequently visited parks and reserves.
* Information on ecotourism in general and on conservation in Costa Rica.