Jordan - Walks-Treks-Caves-Climbs & Canyons
| ||bestel |
Cicerone Jordan - Walks-Treks-Caves-Climbs & Canyons - Jordan is a land of unexpected beauty and great variety. From its flower-carpeted meadows in the north to spectacular canyons with fast-flowing rivers, and from ancient cities to towering mountains, caves and vast deserts, Jordan has something for everyone.
This guide describes a variety of walks, treks, caves, climbs and canyons in this wonderful landscape, based around Pella, Ajloun, the Dead Sea Hills, Dana, Petra and Wadi Rum. Many of the routes were unknown prior to the first edition of the guide, and this second edition provides information on new climbing areas and other unexplored regions for those who wish to make their own discoveries.
* 150 routes in Jordan described - half- to one-day walks and multi-day treks, including 30 canyon routes and 5 climbing areas
* 24 desert and mountain walks and scrambles in Wadi Rum
* Covers Jordan's newly created nature reserves
* Variety of graded routes to suit all abilities
* Information on how to get to Jordan, when to go, what to take, and everything you need to know about the routes
This guide offers you an opportunity to see and experience a country of great antiquity and remarkable beauty, yet the authors also make a plea for visitors to respect the land and its people, both still largely unspoilt by tourism.