Walking in Austria
| ||bestel |
Cicerone Walking in Austria - A comprehensive new guide on walking in Austria by Kev Reynolds with 102 routes described, suitable for a wide range of abilities and some classic hut-to-hut tours. Set out in ten sections by district across the Eastern Alps, this book includes full information on public transport, accommodation, gear required and safety issues, full details of 135 mountain huts and a German - English glossary. Austria is one of Europe's most walker-friendly countries. Its 40,000km of well-maintained and waymarked trails through breathtaking scenery pass more than a thousand mountain huts and countless attractive villages, hospitable hotels, inns and restaurants. It also boasts an extensive, integrated public transport system that is particularly useful for walkers.
This comprehensive new guide by Alpine expert Kev Reynolds outlines over 100 of the best walks in ten districts that illustrate the rich diversity of the Eastern Alps - with all the information you need to make the most of an active mountain holiday in Austria.
* 102 routes described, suitable for a wide range of abilities and ambitions
* classic - and little-known - hut-to-hut tours
* information on public transport, accommodation, gear required and safety issues
* full details of 135 mountain huts
* German - English glossary
* covers the Ratikon, Silvretta, Otztal, Stubai, Zillertal and Kitzbuheler Alps, and the Kaisergebirge, Dachsteingebirge, Hohe Tauern and Karawanken