| ||bestel |
Road Editions Map - Santorini (Cycladen) - Santorini may be a small island, but it has a dense road network, an extremely interesting coastline and equally interesting up-country. Therefore, a good map is a necessity if you wish to discover the places rushed tourists never see. Even if you limit yourself to Oia and Fyra, this ROAD map is invaluable, as its latest edition contains two wonderful, extremely detailed city maps. The map of Fyra accurately marks 105 guest houses, 133 shops, 97 restaurants and bars and 28 other major buildings and public services, all of which can be located at a glance! On the other hand, 50 guest houses, 60 shops and 35 restaurants and bars are accurately marked on the map of Oia.
On the front, there is a beautiful small map of Santorini's wine country with the locations of the traditional wineries, as well as a plan of the Akrotiri archaeological site.
On the back, there is a short, concise and pleasant description of the places to visit on the island, as well as photographs of typical Santorini landscapes.
The features that make this and every other ROAD island map unique are:
* The coastline, hydrography and precision geophysical background based on data provided by the Hellenic Military Geographic Service and electronically processed by us for clarity and legibility. We have highlighted the mountain masses in shades of brown between the contour lines (at 100m intervals on this map) to outline clearly the relief of the island.
* The beaches are indicated by a special symbol next to which we have noted their names, as well as all the roads and footpaths leading to them (since most people primarily visit the islands for the beaches!). We have even included a short text in which the island's best beaches are concisely referred to, to save you going on a wild goose hunt in search of them.
* The road network is mapped out with impressive and exemplary thoroughness and is updated in each new edition - thoroughness being a trait ROAD is internationally famous for. Even the most insignificant secondary and blind unsurfaced roads are charted (so that you know where not to turn!), the scenic routes are highlighted in green (telling you where you should turn!), with precision distances in kilometres from intersection to intersection, to allow you to track your course with greater ease.
* The island's major footpaths are clearly charted.
* The monasteries, country churches, archaeological sites, lighthouses, caves and many more places of interest, are marked with great accuracy.
* Short texts (in Greek and English) that present the history, the island as it is today, the local products and the most important things to know about the island.
* On the back of the map, there is a complete listing of the accommodations on the island, useful telephone numbers, information about local transport schedules, and more.