| ||bestel |
Road Editions Map - Rhodes (Dodekanesos) - Rhodes is one of the largest Greek islands, with a dense road network, dozens of beaches, small villages, monasteries and a particularly interesting mountainous up-country. This is why it is worth your while to visit the island equipped with the best map of Rhodes ever published (and in fact to purchase it before you go, as our distribution in Rhodes leaves much to be desired and it will be very difficult to find it there. By the way, we are looking for a local distributor for Rhodes and the Dodecanese).
Even if you don't plan to travel further than the city of Rhodes itself, this map is a must because its latest, updated edition includes a map of the city of Rhodes, which is truly impressive in its detail, with the locations of the restaurants, bars, night clubs and hotels clearly marked, including their addresses. Next to this city map, there is an extremely detailed, updated colour map of the old city inside the castle, with everything marked!
The features that make this and every other ROAD island map unique are:
* The coastline, hydrography and precision geophysical background based on data provided by the Hellenic Military Geographic Service and electronically processed by us for clarity and legibility. We have highlighted the mountain masses in shades of brown between the contour lines (at 100m intervals on this map) to outline clearly the relief of the island.
* The beaches are indicated by a special symbol next to which we have noted their names, as well as all the roads and footpaths leading to them (since most people primarily visit the islands for the beaches!). We have even included a short text in which the island's best beaches are concisely referred to, to save you going on a wild goose hunt in search of them.
* The road network is mapped out with impressive and exemplary thoroughness and is updated in each new edition - thoroughness being a trait ROAD is internationally famous for. Even the most insignificant secondary and blind unsurfaced roads are charted (so that you know where not to turn!), the scenic routes are highlighted in green (telling you where you should turn!), with precision distances in kilometres from intersection to intersection, to allow you to track your course with greater ease.
* The island's major footpaths are clearly charted.
* The monasteries, country churches, archaeological sites, lighthouses, caves and many more places of interest, are marked with great accuracy.
* Short texts (in Greek and English) that present the history, the island as it is today, the local products and the most important things to know about the island.
* On the back of the map, there is a complete listing of the accommodations on the island, useful telephone numbers, information about local transport schedules, and more
* The map also includes Halki and the islets around Rhodes.
* There is also a useful plan of the Lindos archaeological site on the front of the map.